This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Wednesday, March 23, 2005
Bring On Spring Break, The Snow and The Boredom
WTF? The weather sucks, it's rainy and they are calling for more snow. Oh the humanity! I'm sooo bored and it's all my friends' faults...whaa. I'm feeling very whiny today/tonight. I wanted to go out tonight but unfortunately no one else did...geez, what- does everyone have to work on Thursday, uh yeah, I guess they do. Fuck me! Chelle ignored my plea after the gym, Cr ignored my text message, Nina is already out- but she's out of town, Ml is stuck on the off-ramp of the Pocono exit going on her second hour...it's closed because of the snow. Bob called, but I didn't pick up because I was on the phone with Ml and he didn't leave a message. I didn't want to call him back anyways because I think he's got designs on me (this is the third phone call in three days). I kind of caught that vibe off of him at my party when he was drunk and asked me if he was sleeping in my bed with me. He also told me (again) that he has a 9 and 1/2 inch penis. I told him I didn't care because I was going to sleep next to Drk and Bob visibly pouted. I can't deal with that.
Don't get me wrong Bob is a sweetheart but he kind of reminds me of Lurch from the Addam's family (not that he's hideous or anything; just stiff, awkward and tall like him-okkkk now I'm insulting my friend--sorry buddy). He also talks slow and that bothers me for some reason. Ok, apparently I'm picky. Actually, the fact that he's not Drk is enough reason for me not to like Bob.
9:04 pm Text message from Todd "Cum to Thitwbar" Uh yeah, let me think about that one. We had sex a couple of times casually and we agreed that we liked the arrangement. I text message you for sex, I get no response. You text message me a month later and you think I'm going to jump? In the words of Tori Amos, "You can make me cum, that don't make you Jesus." No thanks. Get out of my bar please...even if I have no one to go with, I don't want you tainting up the place...and please God don't let him talk about me in front of Drk...pleeaaasssee?

9:06pm S text messages me. "How was the party?" Um you were invited (because I was drunk when I saw you out at the bar and invited you by accident) and you didn't come. Fuck off. My response: "It totally rocked. It went from 7pm-7am."

9:07pm S's response: "My loss" No fucking kidding Sherlock.

9:08pm I wonder why both of them sent me text messages within minutes of each other. As they are not members of a braintrust (ouch I'm being very mean tonight) that means that they are probably together at my bar. Ick. Get out! I want to go! But I can't, because I can't be THAT girl at the bar alone. It'll ruin my cred. Drk will cart me off to AA (will he touch me when he does this? I can handle that...) Sometimes it sucks being a girl. Guys can walk into the bar, grab their balls and then straddle a barstool. People think nothing of this (except perhaps...Jock itch?). If I walked into the bar and grabbed a solitary barstool people would tisk, some would murmur dirty rumors (that may or may not be true) about me, and the bartenders would just grin and get my usual.

I'm busting out No Doubt's I'm Just A Girl because that's how I'm feeling right now. If you could see me, I'm pouting. I'm glad you can't see me because I look silly when I pout. This rant is now done...for a little while, until boredom strikes back. Because you know it always does!
posted by Melina at 9:18 PM