This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Monday, March 21, 2005
New Things I've Learned About Drk
1. He's a vegetarian. Who knew? Not me. This is good news, as I cannot stand preparing raw meat and I never knew what I was going to do when my future spouse asked me to make him a whole chicken or turkey. I cannot handle any meat that is on a bone (shut up all you perverts that are about to make some comment)...so we'll eat a Tofurkey, that's fine with me. I'll eat burgers on my own time as well as steak. He doesn't seem to be a meat snob so I don't think he'll care if I want to continue eating it...because I will still eat it. Why am I constantly surrounded by vegetarians? In high school 90% of my school was vegetarian and they only served vegetarian meals.

2. He used to be "bad". He used to steal stuff, do drugs and drink all the time...I kind of figured as much but it was nice to hear it from his own mouth. He's so cute. I can't picture him being bad.

3. He's as sarcastic as hell. I always knew he had a slightly biting wit, but when I got his undivided attention for five or so hours I was entertained continually by his hilarious commentary on life. I am a sucker for sarcasm. I'm also a sucker for cute boys with their dead dog's name tattoed on them...that's really what I'm a sucker for!

4. He's taller than me. I thought he might be, but since I always wear high heels I typically tower over him. When he arrived at my house, I was shoeless...we got a picture taken together (I looked dazed, almost deer caught in the headlights scared) and he is most definitely taller than me. By an inch or so. So we're really short, but we make a very striking couple--me dazed with head cocked and him smiling terroristically at the camera.

There's probably more stuff but I figure you guys are on Drk overload but I just can't get enough. I was told before the party that I have to move on from Drk, and I agreed. Post-party, I have been given the green light to still hold a torch for him, however, I'm banned from making crazy overt gestures of love in public...this will still probably happen on the rare occasion, I'm not going to lie. But now that Drk is an actual person and not just a cute boy I lust after, I think things are going to be better ;)
posted by Melina at 2:30 PM