This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Sunday, March 20, 2005
The Party--Watch Out It's A Drk Love Fest!!!
Where should I begin. I have Chelle sitting next to me and we literally don't even know where to start! The party had a slow start but then I turned around and there were like fifty people standing in my living room. Instead of writing this in paragraph form I think it would be best to just bullet the highlights, so here goes:

1. Cr's dad came to the party...he's a biker (in a gang no less) and he brought a couple of his friends to the party. Some people were a little nervous about this but...they were pretty much the nicest guys at the party and every time I looked at the one guy Steve, he was stuffing another piece of carrot cake in his mouth. He single handedly ate half of a sheet cake!

2. Chelle honed on Cr's friend Eric yesterday...she set her goals--namely him, and...they ended up hooking up. Nothing too risque (so she says, but she's fairly sure they are going to get married and she's going to have 10,000 of his babies. Ok so I made that part up, but she likes him).

3. I stuck to the idea that Drk was going to show up at my party at 3am (when he was done working) so I stopped drinking heavily around 1 or so...I didn't really think he was going to show up but just in case, I wanted to be prepared.

4. Drk showed up! Cr's dad stopped at the bar and gently reminded him that he was supposed to come to Cr and my birthday party. God bless scary biker men! Now can he make Drk marry me? My guess is yes.

5. There was a "psychic" at my party, her name was Carolyn and she might've been the drunkest girl in the world. She kept telling Chelle that she and Eric were going to get married in ten years...wow, what a timeline! Carolyn kept saying (repeatedly) that she had some kind of sixth sense and snapped her fingers saying, "You know E...E..." Drk, being the helpful boy that he is said, "ESPN?" jokingly and Carolyn said, "Yes! That's exactly it! I have ESPN!" I tried not to smirk because typically, I am "that girl" but I'm not that strong. I laughed. And best of all? Drk and I shared a long, smirky look with each other. For once, we had an inside joke, instead of me being the joke.

6. My friend Tash was sad because her husband and assorted friends wanted to leave the party and she didn't want to go. Sadly she left. A couple of minutes later she reappeared. Apparently she had a crying fit in the car and her husband brought her and her sister back to my house before she started dry heaving. Yes that's how fun the party was...people cried because they didn't want to leave.

7. Most of my guests left by around 2 am (because we're getting old) but...about seven of us who stayed up to about seven am.

8. Technically I got to sleep with Drk...not in the way you think, and not in the way I'd like it to be...but he fell asleep in the chair next to me, where I was on the couch. Technically, Drk spent the night at my house...granted he arrived at 3am and left at 10 am so really...he spent the morning at my house. I feel like this is real progress. Seriously I do. My house is a mess but I don't know if I can ever clean it again because Drk has finally actually been inside my house. Now if only I could get him in my pants! Next week? Who knows.

9. My dog almost peed on Chelle's head this morning. Apparently, the sweet dog likes to go into the spare room and pee on the inflatable bed. Unfortunately...Chelle happened to be there. This time, Chelle caught the pup in time...let's not talk about last time.

10. Too many Irish Carbombs were done by all...all except Drk...he didn't even drink a glass of water. I can truly appreciate my love for him because today was the first day ever that I woke up without a hangover after a party! See he's just really, really good for me.

11. Chelle and I find it absolutely hilarious that I invited a string of ex's and assorted men of my life (including Matty) and the only one who came? Drk! Holy freaking shit, I feel like I'm in bizarro world, where things I want to happen, actually do.

12. I sent Ml a text message telling her that Drk came to my house last night and she asked me if I "hit that". I most certainly did not. I felt like we made real progress and I didn't want to scare him by trying to stick my tongue in his ear or my hands down his pants. I will have to say that I had to sit on my hands for the majority of the night. What did we do for about five hours together? Made fun of Carolyn and I taught him about three betting games that I made him play for about five hours.

13. Drk and I played with my favorite dog all night. I now have about eleven hundred bruises all over my forearms because Drk likes to play rough with the dog and rile him all up... Hmm, will he play rough with me? That will be worth a few bruises. Seriously folks, I think it would be.

14. We learned an important lesson. Never play beer pong in the house with a Retriever lurking under the table. We lost many a ball to a very wet mouth.

15. I'm sure that my neighbors no longer love me. A party until 2am is acceptable. A party until 8 am? Most likely unacceptable, especially to neighbors who don't drink.
posted by Melina at 1:05 PM