This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Wednesday, March 16, 2005
Hi! Where Do I Sign Up For Skin Cancer. Oh Over There? Ok.
So I just started tanning. I had to. I fight myself every year (only for the past three) about whether or not I should do it. I know I shouldn't, but it makes me feel good. Goodness knows I'm a hedonist so I say, "Fuck it. I know that I will look good for the short term. Who cares about the wrinkles, and possible melanoma lurking just beneath the dermis?" Secretly I care, really I do. I get up each morning and poke at my face. "Am I getting wrinkles?" I poke, prod, turn my face many different angles and decide that everything is ok. Then I walk past my closet mirror and my ass is tan and I'm even happier, no--elated. Tan butt=small butt.

What is it about going into one of those booths (that incidently look like the teleportation pods from the 80's version of The Fly), with those purple UV bulbs (that I'm supposed to avoid right? that's what my sunglasses are supposed to be blocking correct?), the smell of my skin frying, sweat beading up on my body...why do these things make me smile while I'm in there?

Of course, as I'm putting my clothes back on my mother's voice resounds in my head, "If you want skin like mine when you're my age you better start wearing sunscreen and a hat." Maybe next year--but for right now, I think that this is how I'm going to welcome in Spring.
posted by Melina at 9:24 PM