This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Friday, September 28, 2007
The Most Adorable Thing...
I won't deny the fact that I cried when I listened to this simply because I think crushes are the most powerful thing in the world when you're young. I know now that I'd take love over a crush...but when you're 10?? A crush IS love:



Who was your first crush? Mine was my next door neighbor Josh, I had whole diaries dedicated to the boy. I thought we'd grow up, get married and one of our parents would give us their house to live in, so that we could show our children the houses that we grew up in (true diary post right there.Thank goodness I threw them all away after re-reading them at 23). I also remember the summer when I was waiting breathlessly for him to kiss me and give me my "first real kiss". The whole summer I was constantly sucking on something sweet so that I could be assured that I wouldn't have bad breath. Seriously, I had a packet of Kool-Aid rolled up in my pocket that I would dip my finger in periodically so that I would have a peach-y fresh mouth! ha! The night he finally did kiss me, I had a mouth full of pretzels ...which I transferred to his mouth. Luckily, we both laughed about it, and I fell even more in love with him. But ultimately he was just a jerk.

One night, making out on his parent's front lawn on a blanket he told me that I had big arms (he wasn't lying, I've always had bigger arms than the average girl). Much, much later...the night that I had made up my mind that I was going to lose my virginity to him, he told me that I had big nipples (which they're really not bad! They aren't even close to bad (back me up John) They just aren't tiny) and I zipped my jeans up and my crush on him crumbled and was displaced by disappointment and hurt. But to think about that first crush, before that night is lovely.

Labels: ,

posted by Melina at 4:23 PM