This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Thursday, September 06, 2007
Make it work...

1. I think I'm delirious at work. I think I have a new sleeping sickness...I NEED sleep, all the time now! I remember the days when I'd sleep for three hours and then go to work. Now I whine if I'm up past 10:16pm...perhaps I'm just old? Nah, it has to be some sort of sleeping sickness.

2. I believe that my deliriousness is only adding to my quality of life because it keeps me laughing. Today I was reading the paper and I did a double take when it said, "Jesus Makes Thighs Look Skinny!" which would've been a far more awesome feat than that water into wine shtick. Of course, when I looked at that paper a second time, it really just stated, "Jeans Make Thighs Look Skinny!"...not quite as much fun when I thought some kind of thigh-master-miracle- Jesus was on the loose!

3. I've learned that I have secret statistics skills I never knew that I possessed. Last week in my night class we were given a pre-test. I started to sweat because I suck at tests and quite possibly at life. I tried to reason out each of the questions even though I didn't know a single term and everything seemed to be encrypted in some secret/stupid language. Right before we got the results yesterday a girl smugly told me that I didn't understand the difference between the "independent variable" and the "dependent variable" in some study that she was describing. I admitted, "I'm sorry, were you talking? I can't concentrate on these variable thingamagigs". She laughed and said, "I bet you put D. "I don't know" onall the answers on the pre-test, didn't you?" Obviously, she doesn't know me...I'd rather guess than admit that I have no clue about something. For once, this skill totally paid off because I somehow pulled a 100% out of nowhere (on a pre-test that means absolutely nothing) and I was able to gloat to Miss Dependent Variable when I saw that she only received an 80%!! Yay! I love gloating!!

4. I love living in a world where my friend describes something known as a Candy Corn Hershey Kiss...this is a world of morals, principles, bravery and sacrifice. Actually, I just LOVE CANDY CORN!! Thank you Hershey for making my dream into a reality.

5. Finally, I heart Tim Gunn! So, when I found out that my friend from college was going to be on the show I was incredibly jealous. Go watch Becca tonight at 10 pm on Bravo and be prepared as she told me, "Bring some wine because there's going to be a whole lot of cheese!" I'm so excited...now if only T.G. could get out of NYC for a second and come help me with mywardrobe crises

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Melina at 12:18 PM