This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Monday, August 06, 2007
Quoits

There's only one reason why John is awesome this Monday morning...

and that reason is that he selected me as his partner for the summer quoit tournament (the boys have some fancy name for it, but it eludes me right now) that is coming up in a few weeks!

Saturday found me seated on the grass, sipping a beer in the heat watching John and his childhood friends throw quoits in the new "AQA approved" pits wishing that I could do something other than flick bugs off my jeans. Typically, the girls (usually just me and two other girls and a baby) sit off to the side of the pits and stare blankly as the quoits get tossed back and forth making small talk and avoiding errant quoits. John rescued me from this fate when he asked casually, "Do you want to throw a few?" My enthusiasm and excitement was tempered only by the fact that a) I had never thrown a quoit before and b) I hate sucking at things in front of people. But then I looked back at the two girls seated on the chairs and I realized that there was a far worse fate than throwing a few bad quoits. I happily jumped up and began practicing.

I wish I could say that I was a natural or plant the idea that I'm even remotely good, but I'm not. I got a lucky ringer, and I scored a total of two points in two games (that's 2 out of 42 points possible) but I had a lot of fun and it was nice that the guys were cool with me infiltrating their game. And I have a lot of hope for John and I in the tournament, because wouldn't it just be the ultimate Cinderella Story?? That being said...we might be Cinderella and Prince Charming of the Loser's Bracket, because the other guys that we "practiced" against on Saturday whipped us...badly.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Melina at 12:23 PM