This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Wednesday, August 02, 2006
And now I know why...
Now I know why I blog. People often ask me that tedious question, "What made you start a blog?" and the even more dreaded one, "Why do you write about the things that you do?" because uh, yeah...I've shared too much in the past...and now I know the answer.

I write for myself. I like to keep a living record of what mistakes, fun, excitement, heartbreak, heart excitement has occurred in my life on a day to day basis and...

I write to make connections with other people who are awesome and I would've never had the opportunity to make contact with. It's not just her, it's all of you. Blogging is something fierce, to quote Tyra Banks...well Tyra was talking about some anorexic, ugly model, but you know what I mean...right??

Now don't get all teary eyed, I've had more than my share of glasses of wine.
Yes, wine. My, my, my...a husband in my bed (snoring like a freight train after the worst commute ever...he didn't get home until after 8:30!!!) and a glass of wine in my hand--things sure have changed--for the better.

But some things stay the same--he came home and I told him to take his pants off because I missed him. He misunderstood which "him" I was referring to, I think.
posted by Melina at 10:41 PM