This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Thursday, July 13, 2006
Success...
So I found myself a sundress and I thought I'd take it for a practice run in the city. As luck would have it, as soon as I turned on John's block it started to pour, and it was so humid it just seemed to turn to steam as it hit the asphalt. My preparations were all for naught...

I had done a crazy wave in my hair since the dress had a fifties feel to it. I had my toe nails painted cherry red and I bought high patent leather shoes for the occasion. I forgot. I don't know how to walk in the city in high heels without fully concentrating on my feet. My sexy image faded of what I was going to look like, only to reveal a girl with frizzy hair, carrying her shoes, trying desperately to keep her white polka dotted dress from getting soaked.

I walked the 10-12 blocks it takes to get to John's work and retreated to the air conditioned wonderfulness that is Starbucks...and now to reveal something shocking...I had never been to a Starbucks before. And still, I've never had coffee. I bought a black cherry soda and propped myself in the window to wait for Johnny to get done work.

I won't bore you with the details of how we got a little tipsy, and my dress remained on, but over my head for most of the evening...but I felt like the little sundress was a success. This morning as I was slipping it back on, John looked at me with a little smile on his face and said, "Ya know? You look just like your blog..." and I realized that yes, indeed I did.

If you've got a good thing going, don't quit.
Now to wear these heels around the house all day to break them in...or cut my feet off.
One of the two will do nicely.
posted by Melina at 10:55 AM