This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Friday, January 13, 2006
Tonight's the Night (at least that's what Rod Stewart said)
John sends me a text message, "Do you still wanna hang out with me?" Now in my head I'm thinking, "No, I just reply to your 297 daily text messages/emails because I pity you. Good lord of course I want to hang out with you!!!" But my fingers nimbly type, "Of course I do. What do you have planned for me?"

And so here's the plan. Apparently he's a little nervous, so...my friends are all going to be there and his friends are all going to be there and we're all going to hang out together. It's not exactly what I had hoped for but I couldn't say no, especially when he typed (I assume a bit doggedly), "You're intimidatingly cute, I need backup" and then he absolutely melted my jaded heart when he said, "Any way I can, I wanna see you, dude." (he had me at dude...honestly, that's how he talks...he's my Pennsylvanian surfer...ladies don't hate)

A couple hours later, after carousing with his roommate and killing off more Jameson than I'm sure is healthy I started getting texts again. And this is where it gets funny. He sends me a text of gibberish. I respond with, "I believe you're supposed to be my entertainment, I am in a bar and this is not the proper location for me to be code breaking." He replies with, "Oh yeah? What bar? What are you wearing?" I roll my eyes, I blush and then I look down...um yeah, Thursday night at thitwbar doesn't quite inspire me to wear the clothes of daydreams or other masterbatory fantasies. But I tell the truth, "I'm at thitwbar (remember, he's a former local so he knows the haunt well...in fact his sister was sitting a few seats down from me. I almost felt bad for having minor league text sex with her so near...), and I'm wearing to be honest, a tight long sleeve grey t shirt. Um, nothing that cute or anything." And the sweet, sweet man replies, "I think you're cute even in a grey tshirt." Move over Jerry Maguire...that might be the new romantic catch phrase...seriously I heard Bruce's Secret Garden playing somewhere--ok, it was in my head but seriously. My stomach is still flip flopping when I read that text. But nothing compare to our parting email where he replied to something I said about my old flannel pjs and how the ass ripped out of them (remember, I was more than a little buzzed but less than drunk and I tend to ramble) and he says to me, "Now that's hot...Stay rad, I'm going to bed dude."

I'm totally crushing on a man who talks like Ted Logan (Keanu Reeves in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure), and I don't even care...because...well I don't. Fingers crossed for me! I'm trying to do this one right. So there probably won't be a sex post, nor should there be an "I got wasted and made a fool of myself" post. (notice the probably won't in the sentence...I can't totally make any promises...but I'll try).
posted by Melina at 1:43 PM