This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Sometimes it's nice to have a friend with a secret decoder ring
So as I play my little 3rd grade school yard game with John I forward the messages to my dear friend Chelle, who claims, that after watching hours of Dr. Phil, and putting in hours of lunches with males that she has a secret decoder ring to the male brain. I sent her my recent text messages to and from John and this is what she sent me back:
(Chelle's cracked code or translation from maleanese is in green)

message from John: Why the shitty mood? (OH GOD SHE HATES ME...THIS MAKES ME SAD SO I HOPE IT IS SOMETHING ELSE THAT HAS UPSET HER)
my response 1: (in my head: because you're annoying) real response: Don't know, yesterday was rough with parents/students etc...It's one of those days where you feel like you're giving everything and no one else is compromising. (NO I DON'T HATE YOU, BUT YOU ARE ADDING TO MY SHITTY DAY...THANKS CAN'T YOU JUST BE COOL AND STOP WITH THE GAMES!!!!)

John's message 2: Things are never 50-50 hun, usually they're 80-20...just make sure you're the one giving the 20% sometimes. Besides it can't be that bad...I think you're awesome! (HE LOVES YOU...AND WILL MAKE UP THE EXTRA 20% WHEN YOU ARE HAVING A BAD DAY)

My response 2: Thanks you're not half bad yourself ;) just one of those days Iguess. Im not one to get real down but I felt things were out of my control. Anyways, how'd your weekend turn out? (I LOVE YOU TOO...AND WILL ALWAYS GIVE YOU 80%)

John's message 3: No complaints, worked saturday then spent most of the rest with my hobbled roommate. (REASON WHY I COULD NOT HANG - I WAS BEING A GOOD FRIEND....SEE I AM A GOOD LOYAL GUY)
My response3: You had to work?I'm sure your roommate was glad to have your company. (YES YES YOU ARE A GOOD GUY AND I FORGIVE YOU FOR MAKING ME WAIT)

John's message 4: I'm off today...Band practice last night, going to taco tuesday for lunch. (HINT: REMEMBER THE MAGIC WE MADE OVER TACOS!!!)
My response 4: Enjoy! (YES YES I REMEMBER AND I LOVE YOU TOO)

Ha ha, this was fun...it totally reminded me of an old SNL skit with Joe Nameth in it...

So now it's your turn:
You interpret them...
posted by Melina at 2:27 PM