This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Thursday, November 24, 2005
A Sober Thanksgiving Eve?
Yes it was a first. For the first time in the history of my bar hopping past I remained sober on Thanksgiving Eve...which is strange for my beer worshipping self. But, T and I wanted to leave the Cornfield and head up the road about 20 mins so I thought to myself, "Let's be smart, shall we?" So I offered to drive to the "far away" bar and then we planned on coming back to thitwbar and just parking the car and both of getting drunk and walking home.

Well...we were stupid. We should've stayed at the far away bar. There were TONS of people there that we knew and we never see that often...and people that we admire from afar, and cute boys too. But, T felt bad that I had been sitting there nursing my water so we hopped back in the car and started making our way back to thitwbar...but there was a new wrench in our plans. It was snowing, and it was painfully cold.

We stepped into thitwbar and right away I could tell that we wouldn't be there for very long. First of all, all the people that we were friends with were working as bartenders and bouncers. That left the riff raff to run around like maniacs, smacking into me and spilling beer on my open toed shoes (yeah, I know...it was snowing). So the last straw was four beer bottles being knocked off the table and onto my shoes. I pointed to T and said, "Out. Now. We're leaving." In the parking lot I was greeted with the largest pile of puke I had ever seen and I knew that I had made the right choice. Remember, I was in a sorority...doesn't mean I want to go back to the frat party. So we moved on to the FQB and I had made a shaky decision. "T," I said, "I'm just going to drive...no drinking for me. So drink up...because one of us has to have fun."

The FQB was a little quieter, but still not as fun as the far away bar. We ran into Hot Ronnie who was wasted...he sang me Thunder Road, so that was fun...especially since it wasn't karaoke night...and especially since it wasn't very loud in there. All in all, it was a fun night...maybe not as dramatic as nights in the past but still, that was nice too. Even nicer?? The fact that I can eat Thanksgiving dinner without having to excuse myself to throw up...as I've done every year for the past 7 years, leaving some family members to believe I have a horrible untreated case of bulimea! Alrighty, enjoy your days...I'm off to dinner.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Melina at 12:20 PM