This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Tuesday, May 03, 2005
Friends...I Need Your Advice
So...the cop. Well, he's notorious for not calling girls...so I got his phone number (from him). I sent him a text message saying that I thought he was a cool guy (not in those words) and that he should call me sometime right after we left the bar when I was still a bit buzzed. My phone number usually shows up at the bottom of the text. (However, my friend Monk says that my number never shows up at the bottom of anything I send to his phone). This is one of two texts that I sent him, in all--because one, I'm a little compulsive and two, I never know if the stupid messages go through. My new phone is crap. The other one I sent yesterday and it just said, "I heard that you have no follow through and so I decided to contact you first. Let me know if you get this message." I heard nothing. I accepted this as a sign of being not interested.


I told my co-worker to probe into it to see if he was at all interested in me because I don't feel like having to pursue some shy guy if...in fact...he's not actually shy, he might just not be interested. (I'm in "don't waste my time" mode right now). She talked with him last night and that he said, Melina has my phone number and that she should call me."

Do I call? The only reason I ask is because I've already sent him TWO texts. I want to call him because he's hot, he seems nice, seems awfully respectable, seems pretty opposite of everyone I date! I don't want to call him because I can't get a read off of him. So...I debate.

I'm hoping that my co-worker just brings him out with her this weekend so I can get a face to face meeting again, and then I would be able to tell for sure.

Gosh, why are boys so hard to figure out? Am I wasting my time?
posted by Melina at 2:20 PM