This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Thursday, January 27, 2005
Research Paper Topics
I'm teaching kids how to write a research paper in after school help session and I ask them to write down three issues that are important to them now, or will become important to them within the next five to ten years. I had them write them down. My favorite response was this one girl's

A pressing issue to me is my virginity and who I'm going to lose it to and when.

I couldn't stop laughing, but when I finally did, I told her that I didn't want to see the type of research that would go into that paper, nor did I want to see how the issue was solved or resolved.

Hey! Do me a favor if you have kids. Tell them that it's not the end of the world to be a virgin and that not everyone is having sex although it looks like it. I told this girl that today and she responded with, "Oh yeah! And when did you first having sex?" So it was put-your-money-where-your-mouth-is time. I may be a little promiscuous now but it was nice to wipe the knowing smirk off her face (because she thought she caught me in adult doublespeak) when I said, "I waited until I was twenty-one." The feeling of holier-than-thouness left quickly when the girl said, "Fuck that! I'm not waiting that long!"
Yeah I don't recommend it. It makes you want to make up for lost time later in life. Of course, I didn't tell her that!
posted by Melina at 5:38 PM