This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Thursday, January 27, 2005
The Embarassing Text Message
I don't know why I'm posting it, but this one's for Jim. Read my drunkenese because it doesn't make very much sense. I will write it out how I typed it last night and then I'll write what I thought I typed.

sent 2:43 am

Thanks you didnt need but it was generous.im also deleting ur # sorry! didn't realize it was real. u put up w me so ive stopped completelysorry for ur shame

Second text message: Sorry that was really convoluted.

Ok here's what I meant to type had I not been a drunkard:

Thanks for the ride, you didn't need to offer but it was very generous of you. I'm also going to delete your phone number. I'm sorry I've sent three messages to you in the past, I honestly didn't know that it was a cell number. I was just sending messages kind of hoping that you'd get them kind of not. You've put up with me for so long lusting after you and I finally got it through my thick skull that you're not playing hard to get so I stopped pursuing you. That's why I hardly talk to you at the bar anymore, I've stopped completely! Sorry that I've made the both of us laughingstocks at the bar.

Second text message: Sorry I'm a moron and I shouldn't be let out of my cage but on occasion.

All of that is what I meant to say! Oh and the three other text messages that I've sent him over the course of three months didn't say anything embarassing. One said "Happy B day", another said,"Who's number is this?" and the third said, "Derek?"
posted by Melina at 4:22 PM