This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Highlights and Lowlights of our Anniversary
I found out that I hate Sleepnumber beds and that my sleepnumber is somewhere between 1-2, unfortunately, it doesn't go that low. Every time I got out of the bed my back was all kinked and I limped like an old woman into the bathroom because every sleep number I tried turned the bed into a freaking board.

We went to Fogo de Chao for dinner and it was amazing...I've never eaten so much meat in all my life (not a euphemism). They were particularly nice to us because they gave us a surprise 2nd anniversary flan...which we tried to cram into our bellies but there was just no room because I was full of filet mignon.

We left the restaurant and John seriously considered getting us a taxi to walk the 4 blocks that it would take for us to get back to the hotel because it hurt to walk--that's how full we were. Instead we decided to tough it out and we probably looked like the drunkest people in the world as we bobbled and weaved on the sidewalk (obviously it wasn't true...don't call CPS)...in fact we were just so stuffed that walking was tough. I may have been seen holding onto the sides of buildings for suppor/trying to propel my body towards the hotel.

We accidently taunted a woman in the park who was working for the local animal shelter. They have this program where they bring stray dogs that are up for adoption to the park for people to pet and play with and ultimately adopt. John and I had just finished lunch and I saw dogs...so like a five year old, I yelled "PUPPIES!" and then ran off to pet them (actually, I don't run so much anymore...totter is more accurate). John and I both fell in love with a brindled lovely and we petted her and talked with the lady and then stopped short of adopting the dog because we knew Frankie (our dog) is already jealous of our unborn spawn...she realy wouldn't stand sharing time with another dog! So we bolted--because we both wanted the dog but neither of us wanted to explain it to Frankie.

We went to the Phillies game and the boys won! We had a club box which is usually something I'm totally grateful for, because hey...free drinks and free food. Sticking with the free food and the AC because it was just about 3,000 degrees, I smashed food in my face as did John. Occasionally I raised my head from my plate to watch the game, but only occasionally. That night we paid for our gluttony...big time. At around 1:30 am we both were suffering from heartburn and so we ventured out on the town to the closest 24 hour CVS. As we clutched our chests, clad in our pjs and my awesome bedhead we passed our former selves on the streets...tons of good looking, well dressed drunkards fleeing bars and clubs as I held my pregnant belly and chest waddling next to John. My, my how things change.

I think this was the best anniversary so far! At least this time there were no drunken fights :)

Labels: , ,

posted by Melina at 7:25 AM