This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Friday, October 26, 2007
No Matter the Problem, We'll Always Bring it Back to Melrose Place
My one friend sent this message to us all today...below you will find our responses, of course, we aimed to allay her fears and to help her in the best way we knew how. That way was to discuss 90's trashy tv. I hope it worked.

I am getting a complex.
Several people lately have commented on how "thin" I am. It just was a topic of conversation in the office. It is really starting to give me a complex and make me think something is wrong with me.
Do I look too skinny and/or sickly and or frail?

The facts:
I have lost 2 lbs in the past few weeks. I have dropped down a pant size.
I have not tried.
I do not eat A LOT but I do not watch what I eat either.
I am in my healthy weight range for my height.

Honest thoughts please?

From Nik:

Honestly, I noticed you've lost a lot of weight. I however, didn't/don't think you have an eating disorder or that you look sickly. I don't think you should lose more weight though because then you might be too thin. You also could afford to gain a few pounds and still look great. What matters is what you think and if you are being healthy, you know your body and if you are eating enough.
Do you think you're losing weight due to stress? When I'm stressed I also tend to lose weight and am not as hungry cause I'm on edge. For other people it's the opposite.

From the original writer Kel:

I have been stressed for a long time now. Like since May
It is one thing after another
And I do tend to lose weight when I am stressed.
I do eat just not A LOT.
I dunno, I think I am okay but people commenting a lot is getting to me

I guess I will just watch and see if I keep losing or just maintain

From Nik again:

Yeah maybe just keep an eye on it and try not to lose anymore (not saying that you are trying to lose weight) I can relate, when I was in college my Junior year, [husband's name] and I had just broken up, my grandfather died not too long after and I lost almost 20 pounds. People kept talking about it, but I wasn't doing it on purpose. I was very paranoid about it and my roommate had a big talk about how she was concerned that I was losing so much weight. Similar to what you are saying, I ate, just not a lot and had basketball everyday so worked off what I ate really quickly. When I started to feel better I gradually put my normal body weight back on.

And scre* those old biddies in the office. What matters is that you're healthy. Just make sure you're taking care of yourself even though it's hard when things are stressful. Soon things will get better and you'll be feeling like your old self. And if you need me to beat anyone up for you, insurance people, office people, just give me a holla!

From me getting mushy:

awww...I love you guys. I love how Nik's ready to throw down for Kel. I feel safe, for when the old ladies say that I'm getting too thin--oh wait, that's not going to happen any time soon ;)

From Nik:
Yeah I'm a good friend to have on your side. A lot of jealous bitches hated my roommate in college, so when these little girls would come up and scream at her at the bar I'd stand right behind her like "is there a problem here" Then some of my basketball girls would then be behind me towering over me..needless to say the girls didn't have much to say to my roommate after that. I'm so bad ass, even though the last fist fight I was in was in 5th grade.


From Jules:

Yeah, I feel that.
Kel, keep in mind, some of it is jealous.
I wish the weight fell off me!
I tend to eat when stressed! ;-(

From me:
I would kill to look like you Kel, both pre and post pregnancy. And we all know what a rumor mill this place is anyways, they want it to be like Melrose Place. maybe you should go in and make out with [boss' name]?

From Jacks:

Hahaha. That was hilarious. And Melina, you should get amnesia and think that [co-worker who we make the punchline of every joke] is actually your husband.

From me:

he's not?? I was thinking that Ml could remove her wig to reveal her scars from where the doctors performed radical surgery.

From Jacks:

Haha. And maybe you and I could kill our arch nemesis, who was you ex-husband, and bury the body, only to later find out he wasn't really dead. Then he would torment you until you lost your mind.

From Ml:
don't forget about my evil twin.
She is much heavier than me and hasnt been seen in about 3 years.

From me:
PS. Jack Wagner, if you're out there. I still love you and I always will.

Which makes me think of another little TV show that's near and dear to my heart:


Thank you for being a friend
Traveled down the road and back again
Your heart is true your a pal and a confidant.

And if you through a party
Invited everyone you ever knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say thank you for being a friend.





Labels: , ,

posted by Melina at 4:08 PM