This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Tuesday, October 10, 2006
French Cuisine
( I had so much fun doing my drawings yesterday that I decided to do another one...and I'll keep on doing them until I'm bored of 'em!!)


Last night John and I went out to dinner. I kinda wanted to take him out on a date after being such a banshee towards him on Sunday afternoon/evening. So we went to the local brewpub and sat outside enjoying what seems to be the few remaining warm Fall evenings. Dinner was tasty--coconut shrimp to share, a Cuban sandwich for Johnny to nibble on and and plate full of grilled chicken, penne and sundried tomatoes for me. To add to the decadent dinner we ordered a pitcher of a reserve brewed Black Raspberry Wheat beer...mmm...dinner was heavenly, as was the company.

After dinner as we sipped our beer we talked about wanting to go to Paris someday--see the sights, eat the food...this may be due in part to the fact that we went to Target on Sunday and purchased John a small table lamp that was a teeny tiny replica of the Eiffel Tower...it looks a little like this, but much much cuter, with a far better shade. And then it began...for the next hour I started teaching John little words that I remembered from French classes long ago (see I had to take French and German starting in grade school all the way to high school...so I can remember a little).

He has these body parts down pat: nez, main (droit et gauche), l'oeil, bouche, dent, coeur
He has these verbs down as well: Nager, manger
He has these animals down: chien, chat, grenouille vert
He cannot for the life of himself remember: fenetre or oiseau

He can tell me he loves me, he can ask me to kiss him, he can tell me to shut up, he can tell me that I am his heart and that he gives his life for me...of course he can ask me if I want to sleep with him tonight.

Here and here are some more basics for you to practice Johnny!

Oh and how do I repay him for being such an apt pupil last night. I fall asleep in the bed...he attempts to wake me up with a little amorousness (actually, I kind of remember something being put into my mouth) and I just muttered something and rolled over and promised, "Tomorrow". I suck. But tonight I truly will :)

Labels: , , ,

posted by Melina at 7:37 AM