This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Saturday, May 14, 2005
Taking Care of Business-Text Message Style
So as I suffered from the single worst hangover of my adult life...and felt guilty because I was a pretty crappy daughter to my mom today, I decided to use my still drunkeness (at 2 pm) to get a few things off my chest to the boys who are no longer in my life. Nope, nothing to Drk. I learned my lesson, I'm leaving him alone like I probably should've all along! So who did I text? Matty and Todd.

Matty's message I've been composing all week, because I really do miss him and I know that I really screwed up, and I'm paying for it. So his message went a little something like this:
Hey Matty I just wanted to say hi and that I miss hanging out with you. Please give me a call if things don't work out with [my replacement's name]. Maybe I'll see you out one of these days, I know it's awkward but I hope you know I would never be bitchy to [stupid replacement's name]. I know I fucked up.

So yeah the message reeks of desperation but I felt good to get it off my chest, and I wanted him to know that I miss him.

And because I'm a brazen little hussy I had a message for Todd as well. My goal here was completely different. It wasn't a mesage from my heart...it was amessage from um, a little lower. You know how some people use a headache as a reason not to have sex? Well when I have a headache I like to have sex to make it go away. Using this mentality I thought that Todd might be willing to help me out in some capacity. So I sent him a little message that read like this:
I have the worst hangover headache ever, wanna come and make it better? I was just thinking about the last time you "cured" me and I could go for some of your type of healing!

Ok, I will be the first to admit that that message might just be the single lamest text message of all time. Why didn't I just make it even worse and say "Give me some sexual healing" I don't know! Well, his stupid mailbox was full because I got a message bounced back to me that said, "This message has been deleted from the mailbox"...so no sexual healing for me...just hours and hours of laying on the couch. At least I got to finish my book...that was the only good thing about the day. Oh and then I got some Chinese takeout because I thought that would make me feel better, uh no...I ended up regretting that decision!Because of my inability to judge when I'm inebriated "enough" I decided that I should probably just stay in tonight. I feel bad because I wanted to see C's band play but I have a feeling that I would be running to the bathroom to puke if I even smelled alcohol tonight.
Maybe I'll give Todd a call or try sending him another txt..I need laid, I'm starting to get cranky and my skin isn't as glowy as it usually is, I attribute this to my nun-like ways as of late (last night doesn't count because a) I would've never kissed him sober and b) I can't really remember it (that's bad isn't it?) Oh and don't get any ideas, it wasn't Ry...it was much, much worse! So my little peaches, have a good time this fine Saturday night and use my story as a cautionary tale so that you too, do not end up praying to the porcelin god, as I have twice today.
posted by Melina at 8:31 PM