This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Saturday, April 16, 2005
"I Want To Live"- The True Life Account of Melina's Liver
So tonight I decided to stay in. For a couple of reasons. One, I am officially out of cash until Wednesday...I could easily get people to buy me drinks and whatnot but I hate playing the role of beer whore. I play the role of whore mighty well but...I don't feel like it. Two, after two nights of marathon binging (no purging included) and two days of feeling like absolute hell I thought it might be refreshing to wake up sober...whereas the past two mornings I regretted the fact that I hadn't just gotten it over with and died already.

I have to say that staying in is only for the ugly and the aged. Or for people who like sitting home alone. I apparently am not one of these people. I listened to copy of The Workingman's Dead as I straightened and attempted to tidy up my home (although it was with piss poor effort). I had to switch it up and put in the new Hot, Hot Heat album in because the Dead album just made me want to sit around on the couch with my harmonica. Eventually I did sit down.

I sat down and read a couple chapters of my book Coal Run but I grew bored and tossed it on the floor with a resounding thud. At this the dogs became rowdy, and were pleased as punch to see me home with them on a Saturday night. So happy in fact that they hopped up on the couch with me and one of the bastards punched me in the nose with a paw. Owww. I think I may have a broken nose now. But that's not the only reason why I'm deeming these dogs bastards right now. They are bastards because I returned home last night to see two things that I love very dearly all chewed up! One of the pooches was responsible for eating my Urban Decay lip stain and it's quite possible that that same pooch was responsible for eating my Nars lipgloss in Orgasm; at $22 a pop...you can see why I'm not feeling very charitable to these beasts right now. I felt what I needed was a major and I mean MAJOR shopping bender. If you haven't noticed by now, I'm an all or nothing kind of girl. So I tore the mall up. It's never going to be the same again.

Funded solely by credit cards I do feel a little guilty but that was before I tried the flavored body powder I got from Sephora. Mmm, if only that stupid Matty would give me a call--it tastes fantastic. I highly recommend this stuff. It offers a bit of shimmer, it smells divine and now...my skin tastes like a marshmallow. But it could've tasted like a Gingersnap, Honey (which smelled like old urine to me), Cocoa, Blackberry (which I would' ve purchased had it been there)and many other scents/flavors. If you're curious about it...check it out here. I bought new lipstain, and new lipgloss. I went to the Gap and bought myself a new pair of flared jeans because a girl can never have enough jeans...although I took a count and unofficially I have named myself a jeans glutton. I should be stopped but I just can't. I went to Fossil and bought a lovely pink suede purse with hot, hot rhinestones. I bought lots more, but who really cares?

I decided at this point...after looking at purchases from the other day, and then trying on said purchases that I should just sit and watch some tv. Lucky me, I was just in time to watch Brown Sugar. It's a really dumb movie...but I loved every second of it. Then I had the opportunity to watch "Race o Rama- In race we lust" which covers all aspects of interracial dating in a very tongue in cheek manner. Just watching this show is making me want to go back and find that very hot black man from this morning who told me my ass was "mouth wateringly hot" I'm not sure if "wateringly" is really a word...but hey, I'll take it. Well, I'm going to go back to the show, it's getting hot in here.
















posted by Melina at 11:36 PM