This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Thursday, April 14, 2005
The Day Drk and I Met
I can't believe that I've never written about the fateful day that my eyes first laid eyes on Drk...and then my body wanted to get laid by Drk.

I was out and about in the Cornfield riding my bike, minding my own business when I hear someone heckling me. In fact this someone is saying, "Aren't you a little old to be riding a bike, little girl?" I turned around and glared at this voice, which appeared to be attached to a little boy with a beard. "Aren't you a little young to be sporting a beard?" I retorted a bit haughtily. He rubbed his chin
"Where are you going? It's a dead end down there. Well except for that drug and alcohol counseling place..." and then he grew dead silent.
I realized what connection his tiny mind was making and I quickly said, "Oh no! I'm just riding around. I'm not really going down there."
"Sure, sure" he said, but he didn't sound really convinced. He sounded like he felt terrible for making fun of a heroin addict on a bicycle (which people, I swear I'm not!!)
"No see. I'm going to stand here and talk with you...I don't have to go down there. I was just riding that way because I didn't know what was down there."
So we chatted for a bit and we talked about where we worked...and he said,"You don't look like any _____ [insert profession that doesn't get mentioned on blog here]that I ever met."
"And what does a _____ [insert profession that doesn't get mentioned on blog her] look like?" I inquired.
"I don't know. Haggard, worn out. Ugly."
So I felt good about this so I fished a bit for a compliment, "And I look...?"
"I don't know, not that," he responded, not aiding my fishing expedition one bit.
"And you? Where do you work?"
"At thitwbar. You don't go there much do you?"
"No not really. Actually, hardly ever. But I live down the street from there."
(I vowed to go ASAP)
"Well I gotta get back in there," pointing at a church.
"In there? Why?" also pointing at the church.
"I live there."
"You live in the church?"
"Well it's not quite a chuch anymore. I live here with a band. And this place is an apartment now."
"Oh" I said, and hopped back on my bike and rode away.
I was intrigued by the little man, but I didn't know how far that intrigue was going to carry me.
posted by Melina at 2:38 PM