This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Wednesday, March 30, 2005
The Land of Responsibility and Bathing Suits
I feel boring. My life feels boring, and I feel testy. In the effort to save money--I know, I'm as shocked as you that men haven't asked to bankroll me left and right, I have forgone my daily trips to the bar. Now I can live without alcohol, that's no big deal, but that bar is my social interaction. Here's my day.

5:30 am- Rise and shine, Sunshine! Dogs and I go for a walk, frollick in the Autumn mist (seasons permitting) and generally hang out until 6 am (whoooo a whole half hour with the dogs...can I spare it?)

6:00am-get all worked up wet and lathered...in the shower. 6:30am-ride comes, go to work.
7:30am-work officially starts ( I have to get work done at work...because dogs will not permit anything done on "their time")
3:30pm-leave work
3:30-4:30- eat something, play with dingos
4:30/5ish pm- go to the gym with darling friend Chelle. We shake our tail feathers and what not until around 6:30 pm (depending on what time we get there).
6:30 hang with dogs...get licked because I am a salty good treat now.
7 pm- watch Jeopardy! or take a shower.
8 pm-11pm- attempt to do work if the dogs aren't in a playing mood. If dogs are in a playing mood, play and watch tv in intervals of doggie rivalry.
11 pm- go to bed. "watch" reruns of "Crossing Jordan with my sleep timer on and my face buried in my pillow. Jill Hennessey's voice soothes me. I want her and her family to move in with me so I can sleep easily.
And then I do it all over again at 5:30...

Notice that I have very little human interaction? Now work, is total human interaction...all day, non-stop...but I enjoy that. I NEED TO GO TO THE BARS FOR SOCIALIZATION PURPOSES. Then why don't Ijust go already and stop yelling? Well there's the money aspect. And then there's my bikini, which is already fitting better without hitting the bar so much (but what funn is an emaciated chick who has a stick up her ass because she's starved and over-worked out?? No fun at all. Oh and Cr has moved about forty-five minutes away from me, so it's not like we can grab a quick drink...it needs to be planned (not my forte- I'm spontaneous) Chelle is sick, and also saving money, and also attempting to be beach ready...since she leaves for Fla in a few weeks. Then there's the whole, find men to drool over other than Drk thing--it makes me want to go to the bar MORE not less. Gosh...my life is complicated in it's stupid simplicity. Have I mentioned that I'm pretty cranky today? I think it has something to do with the stupid Lean Cuisine I had for lunch. I know people in third world countries who ate more than me today. Ok I lied. I don't know anyone from a third world country. But whoever they are...they still probably ate more than me.
posted by Melina at 2:49 PM