This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Saturday, September 20, 2008
It Runs in the Family
A little known fact--John likes to get drunk and clean. He does a really, really thorough job and cleans and organizes like a maniac. Apparently, this runs in the family. Last night I went out with my girlfriends from college. Ever see a 27 week pregnant woman at a bar? Well I was there tearing up the town...what? I drank water, the bars are smoke free and the music wasn't loud. I thought I could be there if I wanted to be (that being said, I got the stink eye from quite a few women...I'm guessing it's because I'm such a hot mama. Um, maybe).

So anyways, while I was downing water like nobody's business; John, his mom, sister and my niece had a rum and Coke party/dance party/cleaning party (heavy on all three). I have to admit...the place was getting a little run down and I just didn't have it in me to give it the full work over. I'll blame it on pregnancy but I never have it in me to give the house a thorough cleaning. Cleaning is someone else's work, I just live here--I do enough to keep people from talking about me, John's family KNOWS how to clean. Anyways, now I'm sitting in my perfect clean house. After getting over the initial embarrassment of them seeing the place in this state (I mean it was pretty bad in here), I relished in the awesomeness it is to have a nice clean house. They vacuumed my couch (who has the time for that!)! My stairs (you know how hard that is)! Things are clean that I didn't even know could come clean.

I'm getting them all drunk on a bi-weekly basis from now on. That's a promise.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Melina at 10:04 AM