This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Wednesday, December 08, 2004
So today the guy that I've been talking to for a little while now (to be known as F.) told me that he's a recovering drug addict...clean I think for about two years. It was kind of weird but I knew this already I think by the things that he didn't say. I guess for the most part this would probably be a deal breaker...but I like him enough that it isn't, and my life certainly isn't without blemishes.
This has been the month of weird dating experiences. Let's see...I went on a first date with this guy named S. and not only did he take three phone calls at the table, he also used the N word twice in conversation with m! That was when I asked kindly if he would take me home and to never call me again. Um...do you think it's wise to share your inner racist right off the bat? I guess I'm glad that he did because I didn't have to waste any extra time on the idiot.
Another dating experience this month was when C. took me bowling...I kicked his ass because I'm a masterful bowler (as a teenager I attempted to hide this talent). Well I don't really have anything bad to say about the guy. He was definitely nice and full of personality (albeit cheesy), but we just didn't click...that and he told me my dog needed therapy. Um hi, don't you think I know that my dog is hyper...she's a lab, enough said.
I think it must be a full moon...ex's and ex hookups have been calling lately at around 3 am, whatever could they possibly want? M. has called several times and now has resorted to text messages...they are short and sweet with such endearing messages such as..."wanna f**k" and "hey what's up?"...then there's J. we haven't slept together in over a year and a half and I can't say that we were ever dating. But I can say that we have played phone tag for over a year. I keep thinking that I'll take his number out of my phone but for some reason I don't. I guess deep down I'm flattered that he still calls me...although I don't think I'd sleep with him again; not that it wasn't fun, but I think I'm starting to grow up a little.

Labels: ,

posted by Melina at 6:17 PM